Saturday, November 11, 2006

Happy Birthday: Part 2

After a long, busy week, we were definitely looking forward to restful weekend. Things weren't looking good when the girl woke up at 5:30am this morning. Brandon got up with her, so hopefully I could sleep in a little. Unfortunately, she was in Crabby Abby mode, and nothing was making her happy. Since I couldn't sleep, I got up to give it a try. I grabbed a sippy cup and the kid and headed back to our bed, leaving Brandon to rest on the couch. I tucked Abigael in and laid down beside her. She tossed and turned for about 10 minutes, but I persisted, knowing she was tired. It worked! She finally went back to sleep and we both slept for another two hours. Ahhhh! There is no better joy than waking up the smiling face of your baby girl .

After an uneventful day around the house, we packed up and headed out to drop Abigael off to play with Maxine (she is only two months older than Abigael.) We had traded baby-sitting with our friend Erin. She would watch the girls in the early evening while Brandon and I celebrated my birthday a few days late. In return, we would take Maxine home with us for a sleep-over. We hurried to the theater downtown, making it just in time to catch the last matinée of the new Will Farrell movie, Stranger than Fiction. I absolutely adore him, he can make me laugh just with the way he carries himself. The movie was great. It won't win any Oscars, but it was definitely a well spent two hours. A perfect date movie, just the right mixture of comedy, heart and storyline. After the movie, we walked around the corner to one of the local martini bars for drinks and an appetizer. By 8:00 pm, our date was over. So we went to pick up the girls and headed home. They see each other frequently at day-care, but I don't get very many chances to see them together. Oh my god, the cuteness was almost paralyzing. They held hands walking out to the car and sat in the back seat singing all the way home. In typical two-year old fashion, they manged to empty half of Abigael's toy chest all over the living room floor within 10 minutes of setting foot in the house. We finally managed to bribe them with cookies to lay down on the couch. Luck would have it that the Wizard of Oz was on TV and that seemed to hold their attention long enough for the sleep fairy to blow her dust on them. We just put them to bed in Abigael's room. Hopefully, it will be a quiet night and a late morning.


--Random
Brandon noticed this in the signature of a online forum posting.

"There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Chuck Norris lives in Oklahoma."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday again! As much as we love and enjoy a little one it's also good to enjoy a date night occasionally. I, for one, am enjoying the blog marathon. Keep up the good work. It brightens our day. Looking forward to the next installment.
Safe trip next week.
Love you, Mom P

Anonymous said...

I love it! I am glad you and Brandon got some time to be together. That is so important. I see that Abigael is doing her duty as a two year old as well. I hate the thought of how she may react when/if Maxine and her mom go overseas. I hope they keep in touch. Friendships can be a very important part of life. I didn't see any pictures attached to this blog????
All my love, Dad... give Abigael a hug and a kiss from Papa! Only 38-40 days left...