Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday

It's a cold, dreary morning, but so far it's been just perfect. Maxine woke up at 5:30am a little freaked out, being in a strange place. I jumped out of bed and whisked her out to the living room before she woke Abigael (which thankfully didn't happen.) She wanted to lay down on the couch and after I fetched a few items for her, she quickly settled down to go back to sleep. With this small gesture, everyone in the house was able to sleep in till about 8:am. The girls had a great time playing this morning, entertaining themselves, giving Brandon and I a little break. Although, I am a little concerned with how bossy and possessive Abigael seemed to be sometimes. It was a side of her I'd never really seen before. It didn't seem to be too bad, but we did have to talk a couple of times about sharing. Her teachers say that she's an absolute angel at school, so I'm hoping it's just because she was home among her own things for a change.
...fast forward several hours later...
Tomorrow Abigael and I are off for an adventure of our own. I have some meetings for work down in L.A., so I decided to take Abigael along to visit Brandon's family. She'll spend a couple of nights with Grandma and Poppi and a few days with her Aunt Gabbie, Uncle Dan and cousins. We'll be down there all week, it should be a lot of fun and really good for the cousins. Wish me luck on the 2 1/2 hour flight, it'll be interesting...

No comments: